Welwyn Hatfield election nominations set to close
NOMINATIONS to become a Welwyn Hatfield councillor close on Monday (April 4) and residents have until next Thursday (April 14) to register to vote.
With both deadlines fast approaching, here’s the WHT's quick guide to this year's local elections:
*The election will take place on Thursday, May 5.
*Seats on the borough council will be contested in 16 of the 17 wards. No election will take place in Hatfield South as this ward only has two councillors.
*Town and parish council seats will also be voted upon on this day, if they are to be contested - these will be revealed after nominations close.
You may also want to watch:
*A national referendum to decide whether to adopt the Alternative Vote electoral system or remain with the First Past the Post system for parliamentary elections will take place on the same day.
*Polls will open from 7am to 10pm, with counting taking place on Friday, May 6.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences