Welwyn Hatfield councillor should quit says Labour
A COUNCILLOR “who does not represent her community” should quit.
That is the view of Labour group leader Margaret Birleson who is asking residents to sign a petition calling on Tory Sarah Atkinson to stand down.
Cllr Birleson has launched a campaign to oust her fellow Hollybush ward colleague, who she claims, never shows up to meet residents at surgeries and does not work for the people of the area.
She and fellow ward councillor Lynn Chesterman are distributing leaflets to Hollybush residents.
They refer to previous stories in the WHT which state Cllr Atkinson only attended five meetings in the last municipal year.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Birleson said: “The last article said she was going to work more closely with us, but she hasn’t. We want to work together.
“She has let herself down and the Tory party, I think it’s time for her to go. She is being paid an allowance, and it makes you question her motives.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
The WHT was unable to contact Cllr Atkinson directly for comment before going to press.
But a Conservative party spokesman said: “Labour councillor Mike Alder had an attendance record three per cent below that of Sarah Atkinson at the last count, so it’s incredible Labour are calling for one resignation without sacking their own councillor immediately.
“Sarah Atkinson actually does a lot for the community and she, like most people, is more concerned with making a better borough than with hypocritical sniping.
“Until they sack their own councillor, Labour shouldn’t be throwing stones. People in glass houses never should.”