Welwyn Hatfield councillor's home bid to be dismissed
A BID to improve a councillor's home is set to be rejected by the very committee she sits on. Welwyn Hatfield councillor Helen Bromley wants to build a porch and add roof lights to her detached home on Parkway, WGC. But officers are recommending
A BID to improve a councillor's home is set to be rejected by the very committee she sits on.
Welwyn Hatfield councillor Helen Bromley wants to build a porch and add roof lights to her detached home on Parkway, WGC.
But officers are recommending her fellow planning committee members throw out the plans, when they meet next Thursday (March 12) night.
In a report to the committee chief planning officer, Chris Conway, said the dwelling is a fine example of WGC vernacular architecture.
You may also want to watch:
But he added: "The insertion of two rood lights proposed would appear visible within what is one of the most important streets within the town and would be visible from a number of vantage points.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers