Welwyn Hatfield councillor's home bid to be dismissed
A BID to improve a councillor's home is set to be rejected by the very committee she sits on. Welwyn Hatfield councillor Helen Bromley wants to build a porch and add roof lights to her detached home on Parkway, WGC. But officers are recommending
A BID to improve a councillor's home is set to be rejected by the very committee she sits on.
Welwyn Hatfield councillor Helen Bromley wants to build a porch and add roof lights to her detached home on Parkway, WGC.
But officers are recommending her fellow planning committee members throw out the plans, when they meet next Thursday (March 12) night.
In a report to the committee chief planning officer, Chris Conway, said the dwelling is a fine example of WGC vernacular architecture.
But he added: "The insertion of two rood lights proposed would appear visible within what is one of the most important streets within the town and would be visible from a number of vantage points.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting