Welwyn Hatfield councillor's home bid to be dismissed
A BID to improve a councillor's home is set to be rejected by the very committee she sits on. Welwyn Hatfield councillor Helen Bromley wants to build a porch and add roof lights to her detached home on Parkway, WGC. But officers are recommending
A BID to improve a councillor's home is set to be rejected by the very committee she sits on.
Welwyn Hatfield councillor Helen Bromley wants to build a porch and add roof lights to her detached home on Parkway, WGC.
But officers are recommending her fellow planning committee members throw out the plans, when they meet next Thursday (March 12) night.
In a report to the committee chief planning officer, Chris Conway, said the dwelling is a fine example of WGC vernacular architecture.
You may also want to watch:
But he added: "The insertion of two rood lights proposed would appear visible within what is one of the most important streets within the town and would be visible from a number of vantage points.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued