Welwyn Hatfield councillor dies
John Mansfield, the former deputy leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council, has died aged 80.
The Cuffley resident died in his sleep earlier today (Thursday).
He stood down from his role in the cabinet due to ill health in October last year.
He remained as ward councillor for Northaw and Cuffley; a post he had held since 1991.
Council leader John Dean described councillor Mansfield as a friend and said he would miss his sharp sense of humour.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “John and I were elected as councillors at the same election in 1991.
“The council will miss his depth of knowledge in all local government matters .
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
“John served as chairman and as deputy leader, he served the community with 100 per cent commitment.”