Welwyn Hatfield Council worker suspended after arrest
A WOMAN has been suspended from her job at Welwyn Hatfield Council pending the outcome of a police investigation into an alleged assault.
Elaine Whitehead, 46, was arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent and ABH in October after a row erupted in Barndicott, WGC.
A police spokeswoman said: “We arrived at the scene at around 6pm on Sunday, October 11 following reports of an altercation between a man and two women.
“A 57-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman, both from WGC, were found to be injured outside the address and an ambulance was called.
“The man and woman were taken to the QE2 Hospital with injuries not thought to be life threatening and later released.”
You may also want to watch:
The tenancy enforcement officer who is also in charge of the council’s mediation service returned to Hatfield police station on Monday morning for further questioning and was rebailed until December.
Ms Whitehead has not yet been charged with any offence.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
When approached at her Barndicott home by the WHT, she declined to comment.
A council spokeswoman confirmed a member of staff had been temporarily removed from her post, to enable a thorough internal investigation of any breach of policies to take place.