Welwyn Hatfield Council worker suspended after arrest
A WOMAN has been suspended from her job at Welwyn Hatfield Council pending the outcome of a police investigation into an alleged assault.
Elaine Whitehead, 46, was arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent and ABH in October after a row erupted in Barndicott, WGC.
A police spokeswoman said: “We arrived at the scene at around 6pm on Sunday, October 11 following reports of an altercation between a man and two women.
“A 57-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman, both from WGC, were found to be injured outside the address and an ambulance was called.
“The man and woman were taken to the QE2 Hospital with injuries not thought to be life threatening and later released.”
You may also want to watch:
The tenancy enforcement officer who is also in charge of the council’s mediation service returned to Hatfield police station on Monday morning for further questioning and was rebailed until December.
Ms Whitehead has not yet been charged with any offence.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
When approached at her Barndicott home by the WHT, she declined to comment.
A council spokeswoman confirmed a member of staff had been temporarily removed from her post, to enable a thorough internal investigation of any breach of policies to take place.