Welwyn Hatfield Council’s biggest earners
THE annual salaries of senior officers at Welwyn Hatfield Council have been published for the first time.
New regulations introduced this year now make it obligatory for local authorities to disclose to the public how much staff earning more than �50,000, but less than �150,000, get paid.
In the last fiscal year, chief executive Michel Saminaden was paid �102,000, with strategy and development director Chris Conway earning �79,000.
Director of finance and operations Bob Jewell was paid �77,000, as was Bob Baldock, director of governance.
Two employees, chief community and environmental services officer Richards Masters, and Terence Osborne, chief partnership and performance officer, both left their �78,000-a-year jobs in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
And since April 1, director of housing John Briggs, who earns �74,000 a year, has been an employee of Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust.
Nobody at Welwyn Hatfield Council earned more than �150,000 last year.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say