Welwyn Hatfield Council raises the flag for Armed Forces Day
THE fourth national Veterans Day, now renamed Armed Forces Day, takes place tomorrow (Friday). Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley is inviting veterans and current serving members of the forces living in the borough to attend a special reception, at the Ter
THE fourth national Veterans Day, now renamed Armed Forces Day, takes place tomorrow (Friday).
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley is inviting veterans and current serving members of the forces living in the borough to attend a special reception, at the Terrace Suite at Campus West, WGC, at 12.45pm.
Cllr Langley said: "I look forward to meeting current and former military personnel, and hearing about their experiences, which I'm sure will demonstrate their courage and professionalism under sometimes very difficult circumstances.
"There are still so many troops serving overseas, the enormous debt that society owes our armed forces who have faithfully served their country should not be forgotten and their achievements celebrated."
You may also want to watch:
A buffet and refreshments will be provided, and there will be a licensed bar.
If you would like to attend the reception, please contact Caroline Jenkins, the mayor's secretary on 01707 357419 or email email@example.com
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 7 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
The build up to the day started on Monday when the mayor and deputy mayor Howard Morgan hoisted the Armed Forces Day flag outside the council offices.