Welwyn Hatfield Council launches online payments
TAXPAYERS and benefit claimants will now be able to manage their payments online, as Welwyn Hatfield Council’s website gets an upgrade.
A password-protected account can now be set up for council tax, benefits claims and non-domestic business rates, or any combination of the three.
Benefits claimants can now see:
• their weekly rate, and how it is calculated
• what income the council is using to calculate the claim
You may also want to watch:
• any outstanding invoices.
Council tax and business rates payers can view:
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
• account balances
• copies of bills and letters received
• payments made
• charges, discounts and exemptions applied to the account.
A council spokeswoman said: “Even landlords, from individuals to Housing Associations, can maximise their use of the site by accessing details of payments received from their tenants and copies of letters the council has sent them.
“The system is completely secure, with a pin number issued by the council with which to access and password-protect your online account.
“Additionally, customers can arrange for their bills to be emailed and set up payments by direct debit.”
Councillor Alan Franey said: “I’m very pleased that we could make these enhancements to our current online system, which makes it much more convenient for managing payments, and viewing your payment history. It’s quick and easy; a perfect fit for busy lives.”
*Visit www.welhat.gov.uk for more information.