Welwyn Hatfield Council fail to collect bins - again
MOUNTAINS of Christmas rubbish have proved insurmountable for Welwyn Hatfield’s beleaguered bin men.
For yet again they have failed to provide a full refuse collection service today (Thursday).
Despite promises made to residents by the council’s private contractors Serco, the build up of festive bin liners, along with weeks worth of uncollected rubbish and recycling during the snow period, has meant further woe for residents.
A council spokesman said they could not keep to the planned Christmas collection schedule.
He said: “Due to the increased volumes of refuse created over the Christmas period your collection may not have been made as stipulated on our Christmas collection schedule.
You may also want to watch:
“If your Christmas collection day was Thursday December 30 and your collection was not made we will aim to return on Friday December 31.
“If your Christmas collection day was Friday December 31 and your collection was not made we will aim to return on Tuesday January 4.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
“If your refuse remains uncollected on Wednesday January 5 please call us on 01707 357000 to report.
“Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council apologises for any inconvenience this may have caused.”