Welwyn Hatfield Council fail to collect bins - again
MOUNTAINS of Christmas rubbish have proved insurmountable for Welwyn Hatfield’s beleaguered bin men.
For yet again they have failed to provide a full refuse collection service today (Thursday).
Despite promises made to residents by the council’s private contractors Serco, the build up of festive bin liners, along with weeks worth of uncollected rubbish and recycling during the snow period, has meant further woe for residents.
A council spokesman said they could not keep to the planned Christmas collection schedule.
He said: “Due to the increased volumes of refuse created over the Christmas period your collection may not have been made as stipulated on our Christmas collection schedule.
You may also want to watch:
“If your Christmas collection day was Thursday December 30 and your collection was not made we will aim to return on Friday December 31.
“If your Christmas collection day was Friday December 31 and your collection was not made we will aim to return on Tuesday January 4.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
“If your refuse remains uncollected on Wednesday January 5 please call us on 01707 357000 to report.
“Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council apologises for any inconvenience this may have caused.”