Welwyn Hatfield Council election results 2018
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield Council’s election results for each ward have been announced.
The Conservatives have clung onto overall control of the council with a majority of two, surviving a Lib Dem surge, while Labour’s mixed evening ended with them having one less councillor than before. Scroll down for each ward’s results.
The Tories’ evening ended in relief after they gained Hatfield East from Labour and managed to hold Welwyn East, Cuffley and Northaw, Welwyn West, Brookmans Park and Little Heath, and Hatfield Villages.
The Lib Dems popped open some champagne after they took Panshanger and Sherrards from the Tories, as well Peartree from Labour, while also holding Handside, Peartree, and Welham Green and Hatfield South.
Despite losing two seats, Labour won Haldens from the Tories, and kept control of Hollybush, Hatfield South West, Howlands, and Hatfield Central.
You may also want to watch:
It means the Tories now have 25 councillors, compared to the Labour’s 15 and the Lib Dem’s eight.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity