Welwyn Hatfield Council attacks incinerator decision
THE chief executive of Welwyn Hatfield Council has hit out at plans to build an incinerator at New Barnfield.
As previously reported on www.whtimes24.co.uk, Veolia Environmental Services – which wants to build on the Hatfield site – was chosen by Hertfordshire County Council as its preferred bidder to provide an energy from waste facility.
But borough council top dog Michel Saminaden has this week vowed the fight is far from over.
Mr Saminaden said: “We are extremely disappointed.
“We disagree with the county council’s decision to proceed with the proposals for a waste incinerator at New Barnfield, because of its location in the town and our real concerns about the potential impact on residents and schoolchildren in the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to present these views robustly.”
Mr Saminaden said that, when the county council’s development control committee came to debate a full planning application, Welwyn Hatfield Council would be making its voice heard.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
He added: “The county council will need to base its decision on the policies in its development plan.
“These policies are still subject to public examination.
“The borough council will be a consultee in this process, and will continue to vigorously feedback the views of the local community to the county council.”