Welwyn Hatfield Council alerts shops of Polish sausage recall
SEVERAL batches of Polish sausages are being recalled amid fears they are contaminated with a deadly food bug.
SEVERAL batches of Polish sausages are being recalled by a Government health body, amid fears they are contaminated with a deadly food bug.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has recalled some batches of Sokol�w’s Home Black Pudding Sausage and Grill Black Pudding Sausage from sale, because they are contaminated with Lysteria monocytogenes – a food poisoning bug that can cause serious illness, miscarriage in pregnant women, and in some cases can be fatal.
The FSA has asked local authorities across the UK to contact distributors and retailers of Polish food in their areas to determine whether they have supplied any of the contaminated products.
A spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council, which oversees an area home to almost 4,000 Polish people, said: “The council’s environmental health team has been calling food retailers throughout Welwyn Hatfield to inform them of the product recall.
You may also want to watch:
“Where applicable products have been withdrawn and information made available to customers. The council has also been in liaison with prominent local Polish forums, including MENTER, to communicate the message as widely as possible to Polish residents.”
Anyone who purchased the products with use by dates October 30, November 11, November 13, November 16 and November 25 should return them to the shop they bought it from.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules