Welwyn Hatfield Council alerts shops of Polish sausage recall
SEVERAL batches of Polish sausages are being recalled amid fears they are contaminated with a deadly food bug.
SEVERAL batches of Polish sausages are being recalled by a Government health body, amid fears they are contaminated with a deadly food bug.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has recalled some batches of Sokol�w’s Home Black Pudding Sausage and Grill Black Pudding Sausage from sale, because they are contaminated with Lysteria monocytogenes – a food poisoning bug that can cause serious illness, miscarriage in pregnant women, and in some cases can be fatal.
The FSA has asked local authorities across the UK to contact distributors and retailers of Polish food in their areas to determine whether they have supplied any of the contaminated products.
A spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council, which oversees an area home to almost 4,000 Polish people, said: “The council’s environmental health team has been calling food retailers throughout Welwyn Hatfield to inform them of the product recall.
You may also want to watch:
“Where applicable products have been withdrawn and information made available to customers. The council has also been in liaison with prominent local Polish forums, including MENTER, to communicate the message as widely as possible to Polish residents.”
Anyone who purchased the products with use by dates October 30, November 11, November 13, November 16 and November 25 should return them to the shop they bought it from.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day