Welwyn Hatfield Conservatives donate over £2k to Isabel Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City-based charity Isabel Hospice said it was “delighted” after receiving over £2k from the Welwyn Hatfield Conservatives.
The money was raised at the party’s Christmas Market at Hatfield House and takes the total amount donated over 40 years to around £150k.
The £2,467 cheque was officially presented by the borough’s MP Grant Shapps, who trumpeted the tradition of donating half of the proceeds, and lavished praise on the charity.
He said: “Isabel Hospice are such a fantastic local charity that do such important work in helping to support those who are seriously ill. I look forward to helping to raise even more over the years ahead.”
Isabel Hospice’s Beth Hardy said the charity was “delighted” to again be the beneficiary, and thanked Mr Shapps, the Tories and the local community for their support.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The funds raised from the event will go a long way to support patients and families in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and across Eastern Hertfordshire.
“£2,000 could help us fund an incredible 76 hours of nursing so they really will have made a big difference locally.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
Isabel Hospice provides specialist end-of-life care, free of charge, to the people of mid and eastern Hertfordshire.