Welwyn Hatfield companies victorious at Small Business Awards
THE county's finest small businesses came together this week for the inaugural Small Businesses Awards, organised by the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses). Held at Tewin Bury Farm, the event was designed to recognise and honour some of Hertfordshire's
THE county's finest small businesses came together this week for the inaugural Small Businesses Awards, organised by the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses).
Held at Tewin Bury Farm, the event was designed to recognise and honour some of Hertfordshire's small and independent companies.
And it was a fantastic evening for many Times Territory businesses.
It was a clean sweep in the Recent Graduate Award, with two businesses borne out of the University of Hertfordshire finishing in first and second place.
You may also want to watch:
First prize went to The Recovery In-Sight Centre, which provides help and support for people recovering from mental health issues, while online accommodation website Findmyhouse collecting runner-up.
WGC plumbing service Plumbsense collected two awards, finishing runner-up in the Service Excellence Award, but winning the Fair Trading Category.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
Employee of the Year went IT manager Russell Stenson, from Howlands, WGC. The 26-year-old was a baker at Morrisson's just two year's ago, but now heads up an entire division at IT support company ITBuilder.
"I didn't expect to win," he said. "It came as quite a shock because in my view I was just doing my job."
Elsewhere, The Staff and Training Development Award went to ventilation and air conditioning firm DS Ducts, from WGC.
Director Darren Smith said: "I'm honoured to be picking up the award. It clarifies our commitment to our staff and it's great for moral. I'm very proud of it."
Full list of nominees:
Trade Frame Solutions (Winner)
Beaver Solutions (Runner-up)
Masters Direct Pharmacy
Recent Graduate Award
The Recovery In-Sight Centre (Winner)
Chelsfield Solar Ltd (W)
Environmental Population (R/U)
Investors in Training
Masters Pharmaceuticals (R/U)
Employee of the Year
Russell Stenson - ITBuilder (W)
Helen Jones - Red and Blue Ltd (R/U)
Staff Training & Development
DS Ducts (W)
Manage Care Homes Ltd (R/U)
Hertfordshire Wedding Cars (W)
Five Go Live
Best New Business
Wildchild Activities (W)
LC & Associates (R/U)
Allen Home Improvements
Global Infusion Group (W)
FSB Small Business of the Year