Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
With the festive season just around the corner, exciting plans for Christmas in Welwyn Hatfield have been revealed.
The borough council is aiming to put on a number of community-led events and is encouraging community groups, clubs and businesses to take part.
An events calendar will be published on the ONE Welwyn Hatfield website and council social media pages to highlight the range of activities taking place between November 20 and December 31.
“In these challenging times, the council hopes to involve all of Welwyn Hatfield’s communities in a variety of events during the festive season that everyone can enjoy,” said a spokesperson.
“The aim is to bring together a seasonal feast of community-led activities right across the borough, including in our town centres – helping to make high streets as vibrant and welcoming as possible, supporting local businesses, and encouraging residents to shop local.”
After the COVID-19 pandemic stopped Christmas celebrations last year, council leader Tony Kingsbury is determined to make this year special.
“The #LoveWelhat events during the summer were a great reminder of the fantastic communities we have here in Welwyn Hatfield,” he said.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
“The past 18 months have been difficult for everyone, and we all deserve to look forward to a happy festive season.
“It’s great that we can all go back out into our high streets and do all that we can to support local businesses and encourage community spirit at such a special time of year.
“We really want to hear from local clubs, businesses, and community groups to get as many people involved as possible.”
As an early Christmas present for residents, the council will also be providing free parking every weekend during December at the Common multi-storey carpark in Hatfield.
Meanwhile, at Hatfield's The Galleria, the shopping centre is inviting talented performers from community groups, schools, charities and choirs to step into the spotlight and join its Community Christmas initiative.
Launching on Saturday, November 20 and running every Saturday until December 4, those interested in performing to the public should book a slot now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about running an event as part of Welwyn Hatfield’s Christmas celebrations, email email@example.com.