Welwyn Hatfield charity walk raises �10,000

PROCEEDS from a popular annual sponsored walk have topped the �10,000 mark.

The Rotary Clubs of WGC and Hatfield, organisers of May’s Rotary Walk, revealed the amount in a letter to supporters this week.

The letter also contained a final call for any of the 250 plus walkers to send in any outstanding sponsorship money, by July 12.

The amount raised by each walker is split – 75 per cent going to the charity of their choice, and the remaining 25 per cent to Rotary causes.

Next year’s Rotary Walk – the 14th, which as ever will be backed by the Welwyn Hatfield Times – is pencilled in for May 10, 2011.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus