Welwyn Hatfield businesses make awards shortlist
TOMORROW (Thursday) is the inaugural Hertfordshire Small Businesses Awards, organised by the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses). Several companies and individuals from Times Territory have been shortlisted for the awards, which will be held at Tewin Bu
TOMORROW (Thursday) is the inaugural Hertfordshire Small Businesses Awards, organised by the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses).
Several companies and individuals from Times Territory have been shortlisted for the awards, which will be held at Tewin Bury Farm.
Awards organiser Damian Cummins said: "With an exceptional quality of entries at our inaugural FSB awards in Hertfordshire, we are looking forward to an exciting night show casing the best of business in the area."
Two graduates of the University of Hertfordshire are among the finalists in the recent graduate category.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Heather Straughan is nominated for her company The Recovery In-Sight Centre, which provides training, research and self help to health professionals.
Business graduate John Gyeni is also shortlisted, for his property website findmyhouse.co.uk, which lists all student accommodation available to rent in any chosen university town.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
WGC's Russell Stenson, 26, has been shortlisted for employee of the year. He was nominated by his boss at IT support company ITBuilder, James Naylor.
"Two years ago, Russell was working as a baker at Morrisons supermarket and today he is leading an IT support department," Mr Naylor said.
"Russell is an example to all young people out there making their way in the world and facing difficulties."
In the enterprising business category, Sports Xtra, a company from WGC promoting physical activity in schools, is one of four finalists.
"We are absolutely thrilled to reach the final for such a prestigious award," said managing director Gareth Lippiatt.
"Whether we go on to win the award or not, my team thoroughly deserve this major achievement of reaching the final.