Welwyn Hatfield businesses make awards shortlist
TOMORROW (Thursday) is the inaugural Hertfordshire Small Businesses Awards, organised by the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses). Several companies and individuals from Times Territory have been shortlisted for the awards, which will be held at Tewin Bu
TOMORROW (Thursday) is the inaugural Hertfordshire Small Businesses Awards, organised by the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses).
Several companies and individuals from Times Territory have been shortlisted for the awards, which will be held at Tewin Bury Farm.
Awards organiser Damian Cummins said: "With an exceptional quality of entries at our inaugural FSB awards in Hertfordshire, we are looking forward to an exciting night show casing the best of business in the area."
Two graduates of the University of Hertfordshire are among the finalists in the recent graduate category.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Heather Straughan is nominated for her company The Recovery In-Sight Centre, which provides training, research and self help to health professionals.
Business graduate John Gyeni is also shortlisted, for his property website findmyhouse.co.uk, which lists all student accommodation available to rent in any chosen university town.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
WGC's Russell Stenson, 26, has been shortlisted for employee of the year. He was nominated by his boss at IT support company ITBuilder, James Naylor.
"Two years ago, Russell was working as a baker at Morrisons supermarket and today he is leading an IT support department," Mr Naylor said.
"Russell is an example to all young people out there making their way in the world and facing difficulties."
In the enterprising business category, Sports Xtra, a company from WGC promoting physical activity in schools, is one of four finalists.
"We are absolutely thrilled to reach the final for such a prestigious award," said managing director Gareth Lippiatt.
"Whether we go on to win the award or not, my team thoroughly deserve this major achievement of reaching the final.