Welwyn Hatfield Borough Sports Awards 2011 take place
SPORTS stars from across Welwyn Hatfield gathered at Campus West last night (Thursday) for the Welwyn Hatfield Borough Sports Awards 2011.
The hard work and achievements of athletes, coaches, schools and volunteers from the borough were recognised and rewarded at the glittering ceremony, compered by Jack FM’s Steve Folland.
Ten scheduled awards were handed out, as were seven medals for those who have demonstrated the seven Olympic and Paralympic values of Respect, Friendship, Excellence, Courage, Determination, Inspiration and Equality.
A further Outstanding Contribution to Community Sport Award was presented to schools sports partnerships development manager Steve Savva, while WGC’s World Junior 100m champion Jodie Williams and singer Conor Walker were handed Queen’s Golden Jubilee Awards.
Entertainment was provided by Dance Beat Welwyn, Alter Ego Dance company and Amy Brewerton and Georgia Hurd while a performance from R&B singer songwriter Conor Walker closed the ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Welwyn Hatfield Borough in partnership with the Welwyn Hatfield Times and the Welwyn Hatfield Sports and Physical Activity Alliance (WHSPAA).
For further coverage see Wednesday’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses