Welwyn Hatfield band join the Millionairo club
IT can be difficult to come up with a name for your band. So when drummer Steve Howard was trying to come up with a moniker for his group in July 2008, he decided to go down the Kaiser Chiefs route. Leeds favourite sons are well-known for being named aft
IT can be difficult to come up with a name for your band.
So when drummer Steve Howard was trying to come up with a moniker for his group in July 2008, he decided to go down the Kaiser Chiefs route.
Leeds' favourite sons are well-known for being named after the Kaizer Chiefs, who play in South Africa's ABSA Premiership and, not to be outdone, Steve scoured the globe for a club whose name he could adapt.
He eventually settled on Club Deportivo Los Millonarios, from Colombia, which with a little tinkering led to the band's name of Millionairo.
You may also want to watch:
Based in WGC and Hatfield, James Sweet (vocals), Nick Shirfield (bass) and Nick Doren (guitarist) complete the group's line up.
They have an eclectic range of influences, which range from classic rock to hip hop and this, according to Steve, accounts for their "individual" sound.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
Currently unsigned but ambitious, the four-piece hope to one day fulfil their dream of earning a record deal - and they are certainly setting about it in the right way.
A newly-designed website www.millionairo.co.uk is set to be followed by a demo record, pencilled in for release later this year.
Millionairo are next in action at the Green Room in WGC on September 4.
For more about the band, including music samples and additional pictures, log onto www.millionairo.co.uk or www.myspace.com/millionairoband