Welwyn Hatfield band join the Millionairo club
IT can be difficult to come up with a name for your band. So when drummer Steve Howard was trying to come up with a moniker for his group in July 2008, he decided to go down the Kaiser Chiefs route. Leeds favourite sons are well-known for being named aft
IT can be difficult to come up with a name for your band.
So when drummer Steve Howard was trying to come up with a moniker for his group in July 2008, he decided to go down the Kaiser Chiefs route.
Leeds' favourite sons are well-known for being named after the Kaizer Chiefs, who play in South Africa's ABSA Premiership and, not to be outdone, Steve scoured the globe for a club whose name he could adapt.
He eventually settled on Club Deportivo Los Millonarios, from Colombia, which with a little tinkering led to the band's name of Millionairo.
You may also want to watch:
Based in WGC and Hatfield, James Sweet (vocals), Nick Shirfield (bass) and Nick Doren (guitarist) complete the group's line up.
They have an eclectic range of influences, which range from classic rock to hip hop and this, according to Steve, accounts for their "individual" sound.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Currently unsigned but ambitious, the four-piece hope to one day fulfil their dream of earning a record deal - and they are certainly setting about it in the right way.
A newly-designed website www.millionairo.co.uk is set to be followed by a demo record, pencilled in for release later this year.
Millionairo are next in action at the Green Room in WGC on September 4.
For more about the band, including music samples and additional pictures, log onto www.millionairo.co.uk or www.myspace.com/millionairoband