Welwyn Hatfield band join the Millionairo club
IT can be difficult to come up with a name for your band. So when drummer Steve Howard was trying to come up with a moniker for his group in July 2008, he decided to go down the Kaiser Chiefs route. Leeds favourite sons are well-known for being named aft
IT can be difficult to come up with a name for your band.
So when drummer Steve Howard was trying to come up with a moniker for his group in July 2008, he decided to go down the Kaiser Chiefs route.
Leeds' favourite sons are well-known for being named after the Kaizer Chiefs, who play in South Africa's ABSA Premiership and, not to be outdone, Steve scoured the globe for a club whose name he could adapt.
He eventually settled on Club Deportivo Los Millonarios, from Colombia, which with a little tinkering led to the band's name of Millionairo.
You may also want to watch:
Based in WGC and Hatfield, James Sweet (vocals), Nick Shirfield (bass) and Nick Doren (guitarist) complete the group's line up.
They have an eclectic range of influences, which range from classic rock to hip hop and this, according to Steve, accounts for their "individual" sound.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
Currently unsigned but ambitious, the four-piece hope to one day fulfil their dream of earning a record deal - and they are certainly setting about it in the right way.
A newly-designed website www.millionairo.co.uk is set to be followed by a demo record, pencilled in for release later this year.
Millionairo are next in action at the Green Room in WGC on September 4.
For more about the band, including music samples and additional pictures, log onto www.millionairo.co.uk or www.myspace.com/millionairoband