Welwyn Hatfield ambulance crew stars in Coronation Street
EAGLED-EYED viewers of ITV may have spotted a familiar face on the trailer for Coronation Street’s Christmas special.
The preview, which shows the happy stars of the show merrily going about their daily business interrupted by sirens and emergency services workers rushing around, will be running for the next few weeks.
Corrie’s Christmas special is entitled Four Funerals and a Wedding and features our very own ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson and two ambulance staff who cover the Welwyn Hatfield area.
Mr Sanderson along with colleagues paramedic Vicky Brannan and emergency medical technician Liz Dobb acted out the scene, which sees them heading off to a major incident.
Gary said: “ITV’s location manager Simon Hassard was driving past the station when he popped in on the off chance to see if the station could be used and staff members to be part of the trailer.
You may also want to watch:
“Simon was very impressed with the location and was very happy for the filming to take place.
During the evening, Gary, Liz and Vicky were put through their paces and ran through several scenarios to get the final piece for the trailer.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Vicky said: “The filming was a bit surreal and we all found it hard to believe that ITV were filming a Coronation Street special in our ambulance station.
“The production staff from ITV were very helpful and made us all feel at ease throughout.”