Welwyn Hatfield ambulance crew stars in Coronation Street
EAGLED-EYED viewers of ITV may have spotted a familiar face on the trailer for Coronation Street’s Christmas special.
The preview, which shows the happy stars of the show merrily going about their daily business interrupted by sirens and emergency services workers rushing around, will be running for the next few weeks.
Corrie’s Christmas special is entitled Four Funerals and a Wedding and features our very own ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson and two ambulance staff who cover the Welwyn Hatfield area.
Mr Sanderson along with colleagues paramedic Vicky Brannan and emergency medical technician Liz Dobb acted out the scene, which sees them heading off to a major incident.
Gary said: “ITV’s location manager Simon Hassard was driving past the station when he popped in on the off chance to see if the station could be used and staff members to be part of the trailer.
You may also want to watch:
“Simon was very impressed with the location and was very happy for the filming to take place.
During the evening, Gary, Liz and Vicky were put through their paces and ran through several scenarios to get the final piece for the trailer.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Vicky said: “The filming was a bit surreal and we all found it hard to believe that ITV were filming a Coronation Street special in our ambulance station.
“The production staff from ITV were very helpful and made us all feel at ease throughout.”