Welwyn Garden couple’s kitchen destroyed by fire

PUBLISHED: 09:38 13 November 2015 | UPDATED: 09:38 13 November 2015

Fire crews attended Willow Grove, Welwyn Garden City, yesterday

Fire crews attended Willow Grove, Welwyn Garden City, yesterday

Archant

A Welwyn Garden City couple’s kitchen has been destroyed in a fire.

Crews from Welwyn Garden City and Welwyn attended a detached house in Willow Grove at 12.30pm yesterday.

Cooking oil on a hob caught alight and the fire spread to the extractor fan and kitchen units.

Crew commander Bryan Welsh said: “It was unsupervised cooking. The kitchen was badly damaged and there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.”

Fortunately, the couple were uninjured. Despite the smoke damage, their house is still habitable.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times