Welwyn Garden City YMCA shop moves
A CHARITY shop is relocating this week, ahead of work starting on a multi-million pound supermarket next month.
The old YMCA shop in Church Road, WGC, has now closed, to make way for the demolition of the old Sainsbury’s in August.
But bargain hunters need not fear, as it’s not going far.
The store is relocating to a different unit, further along Church Road, next to the entrence to the Howard Centre car park.
Central Herts YMCA marketing manager Georgie Emery said: “With the planned re-development of Sainsbury’s, the YMCA’s Church Road store has found a new location just down the road at number two Church Road - and we will be moving during the week July 13.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to let our regular customers, and those who regularly donate items to us, know that we will still have a two shop presence in the town and that their support is as important to us as before.”
As well as the shop in Church Road, the YMCA also has a “boutique” store in the Howard Centre, selling high quality, second hand clothing and accessories.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season