Welwyn Garden City workers trek Snowdon for charity
FUNDRAISERS from Times Territory had a mountain to climb, literally, when they attempted a charity hike. Employees at funeral directors Coughlan Brothers, in Southfield, WGC, headed to Wales last Friday, to climb Mount Snowdon in aid of Great Ormond Street
FUNDRAISERS from Times Territory had a mountain to climb, literally, when they attempted a charity hike.
Employees at funeral directors Coughlan Brothers, in Southfield, WGC, headed to Wales on Friday, to climb Mount Snowdon in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Standing at 3,560ft above sea level, Snowdon is the highest mountain in England and Wales, and known locally as Yr Wyddfa, or "The Tomb".
The 13-strong group hiked up the mountain on Saturday, heading down that same evening.
The attempt was the first of three fundraisers organised by Coughlan Brothers this year, as they bid to raise at least �6,000 for the London children's hospital. The mountain trek has brought in �2,400 so far.
A 24-hour go-kart race and a charity ball are scheduled for later in the year.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
Funeral director Grant Pinney said: "Great Ormond Street relies solely on donations, but if everyone relies on everyone else to donate, then no-one will."
If you wish to sponsor the group, or if you want further information about the upcoming events, call Grant on 07833 387792.