Welwyn Garden City woman to hold dance-a-thon for Japan earthquake and tsunami victims
A WELWYN Garden City woman is to hold a charity dance-a-thon in aid of the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
Kelly Baverstock, of Furzefield Road, was so moved by the horrific damage caused by the double disasters, she is holding a charity dance-a-thon, at Holwell Primary School, in Holwell Road, Welwyn Garden City, on Saturday in aid of the victims in Japan.
Kelly, 31, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “I’m a single mum, I’ve got six children of my own and my heart goes out to them.”
She added: “Come along and make a donation on the day. It’s a family event.
“We will be dancing for three hours.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 11am until 2pm.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes