Welwyn Garden City woman to hold dance-a-thon for Japan earthquake and tsunami victims
A WELWYN Garden City woman is to hold a charity dance-a-thon in aid of the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
Kelly Baverstock, of Furzefield Road, was so moved by the horrific damage caused by the double disasters, she is holding a charity dance-a-thon, at Holwell Primary School, in Holwell Road, Welwyn Garden City, on Saturday in aid of the victims in Japan.
Kelly, 31, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “I’m a single mum, I’ve got six children of my own and my heart goes out to them.”
She added: “Come along and make a donation on the day. It’s a family event.
“We will be dancing for three hours.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 11am until 2pm.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure