Welwyn Garden City woman mugged for engagement ring
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night . The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm. The victim was grabbed by one of the ca
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night .
The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm.
The victim was grabbed by one of the callous men who snatched her �100 engagement ring off her finger, and ordered the WGC woman to take off her �100 earrings.
The thieves also stole her black leather handbag containing a �150 Blackberry mobile phone, before they fled the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Pete Ward is investigating the robbery and said: "The woman was understandably very shaken by the incident.
"We would like to hear from anyone who saw these two men on bikes prior, during or after the robbery or anyone who recognises the descriptions to get in touch with us."
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 6 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Both thieves had their faces covered and were wearing dark clothing.
One of the crooks is described as a black man, between 5ft and 5ft 10in, of slim build and on a yellow bike.
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.