Welwyn Garden City woman mugged for engagement ring
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night . The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm. The victim was grabbed by one of the ca
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night .
The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm.
The victim was grabbed by one of the callous men who snatched her �100 engagement ring off her finger, and ordered the WGC woman to take off her �100 earrings.
The thieves also stole her black leather handbag containing a �150 Blackberry mobile phone, before they fled the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Pete Ward is investigating the robbery and said: "The woman was understandably very shaken by the incident.
"We would like to hear from anyone who saw these two men on bikes prior, during or after the robbery or anyone who recognises the descriptions to get in touch with us."
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
Both thieves had their faces covered and were wearing dark clothing.
One of the crooks is described as a black man, between 5ft and 5ft 10in, of slim build and on a yellow bike.
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.