Welwyn Garden City woman mugged for engagement ring
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night . The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm. The victim was grabbed by one of the ca
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night .
The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm.
The victim was grabbed by one of the callous men who snatched her �100 engagement ring off her finger, and ordered the WGC woman to take off her �100 earrings.
The thieves also stole her black leather handbag containing a �150 Blackberry mobile phone, before they fled the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Pete Ward is investigating the robbery and said: "The woman was understandably very shaken by the incident.
"We would like to hear from anyone who saw these two men on bikes prior, during or after the robbery or anyone who recognises the descriptions to get in touch with us."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Both thieves had their faces covered and were wearing dark clothing.
One of the crooks is described as a black man, between 5ft and 5ft 10in, of slim build and on a yellow bike.
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.