Welwyn Garden City woman mugged for engagement ring
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night . The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm. The victim was grabbed by one of the ca
TWO masked men mugged a woman and stole her treasured engagement ring as she walked home late last night .
The thugs, on bikes, approached the 52-year-old on Hollybush Lane, in WGC, at 10.30pm.
The victim was grabbed by one of the callous men who snatched her �100 engagement ring off her finger, and ordered the WGC woman to take off her �100 earrings.
The thieves also stole her black leather handbag containing a �150 Blackberry mobile phone, before they fled the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Pete Ward is investigating the robbery and said: "The woman was understandably very shaken by the incident.
"We would like to hear from anyone who saw these two men on bikes prior, during or after the robbery or anyone who recognises the descriptions to get in touch with us."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 10 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
Both thieves had their faces covered and were wearing dark clothing.
One of the crooks is described as a black man, between 5ft and 5ft 10in, of slim build and on a yellow bike.
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.