Welwyn Garden City woman in running for "Best job in the world"
A WRITER from WGC is in the running to land what has been labelled ""The Best Job in the World"" – and you could help her get it. Holly Smale is among 50 other wildcard applicants shortlisted for the job as caretaker of the exotic Hamilton Island...
A WRITER from WGC is in the running to land what has been labelled "The Best Job in the World" - and you could help her get it.
Holly Smale is among 50 other "wildcard" applicants shortlisted for the job as caretaker of the exotic Hamilton Island, in Australia's Great Barrier Reef.
The job involves exploring the islands around the Barrier Reef and reporting back to a global audience via a weekly blog, photo diaries and interviews.
In addition, the candidate will live rent free on the island and be paid AUD $150,000 (�68,000) for the six-month position.
Employers Tourism Queensland received more than 34,000 for the position.
Each applicant had to submit a 60-second video explaining why they would be perfect for the job.
- 1 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 2 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
- 3 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 6 Autism wellbeing event coming to Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Village off-licence at risk from plans for rival outlet
- 8 New safety signage installed at Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Nissan rolled in three-vehicle crash on M25
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield tops tenant complaint figures for east of England
Tourism Queensland has already selected 10 applicants for interview, but has drawn up a shortlist of 50 more, to be decided by an online vote. The applicant with the most votes will become the 11th interviewee.
Holly made into the final 50 with her video, Ode to Australia. To see her video and to vote for her, visit www.islandreefjob.com