Welwyn garden City woman in running for Best job in the World
A WRITER from WGC is in the running to land what has been labelled The Best Job in the World – and you could help her get it. Holly Smale is among 50 other wildcard applicants shortlisted for the job as caretaker of the exotic Hamilton Island
A WRITER from WGC is in the running to land what has been labelled "The Best Job in the World" - and you could help her get it.
Holly Smale, from Attimore Close, is among 50 other "wildcard" applicants shortlisted for the job as caretaker of the exotic Hamilton Island, in Australia's Great Barrier Reef.
The job involves exploring the islands around the Barrier Reef and reporting back to a global audience via a weekly blog, photo diaries and interviews.
In addition, the candidate will live rent free on the island and be paid AUD $150,000 (�68,000) for the six-month position.
Employers Tourism Queensland received more than 34,000 for the position.
Each applicant had to submit a 60-second video explaining why they would be perfect for the job.
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
- 10 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
Tourism Queensland has already selected 10 applicants for interview, but has drawn up a shortlist of 50 more, to be decided by an online vote. The applicant with the most votes will become the 11th interviewee.
Holly, 27, made into the final 50 with her video, Ode to Australia.