Welwyn Garden City woman given swine flu all-clear
FEARS that a WGC woman had contracted swine flu have proved unfounded. Melanie Beck, of The Old Drive, had been in Mexico City for an international diving event at the time of the outbreak. And after developing
FEARS that a WGC woman had contracted swine flu have proved unfounded.
Melanie Beck, of The Old Drive, had been in Mexico City for an international diving event at the time of the outbreak.
And after developing flu-like symptoms towards the end of her trip to the Mexican capital, she had been advised to stay off work until pass.
Miss Beck, 43, who flew back to the UK via Heathrow on Monday, said: "I was told by Terminal Four doctors and by my local GP that I should lie low until I am outside of the incubation period."
You may also want to watch:
She has since been identified as having tonsillitis.
To date, more than 150 people are believed to have died from swine flu in Mexico.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
The disease has also been confirmed in the UK, Canada, US, Spain, Israel, Austria and New Zealand and is close to being declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation.
For the full story of Melissa's experience in Mexico, see next week's WHT.