Welwyn Garden City woman admits killing cyclist
A WOMAN driver has pleaded guilty to killing a father-of-four who was cycling home along the A414.
WGC resident Debra Kelly today (Thursday) admitted causing Kenneth Lush’s death by careless or inconsiderate driving in May last year.
The 38-year-old from Tubbs Croft also pleaded guilty to failing to report an accident, but denied a charge of failing to stop.
Kelly was given bail and will appear back at St Albans Crown Court for a further hearing in March.
Married Kenneth Lush, a former Howe Dell and Hatfield School pupil, was managing director of family-run Hatfield business Lush Heat Treatment.
You may also want to watch:
He was a keen cyclist but was struck by a Ford Fiesta as he travelled along the A414 to his Ware home on the evening of May 13.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'