Welwyn Garden City woman admits killing cyclist
A WOMAN driver has pleaded guilty to killing a father-of-four who was cycling home along the A414.
WGC resident Debra Kelly today (Thursday) admitted causing Kenneth Lush’s death by careless or inconsiderate driving in May last year.
The 38-year-old from Tubbs Croft also pleaded guilty to failing to report an accident, but denied a charge of failing to stop.
Kelly was given bail and will appear back at St Albans Crown Court for a further hearing in March.
Married Kenneth Lush, a former Howe Dell and Hatfield School pupil, was managing director of family-run Hatfield business Lush Heat Treatment.
You may also want to watch:
He was a keen cyclist but was struck by a Ford Fiesta as he travelled along the A414 to his Ware home on the evening of May 13.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?