Welwyn Garden City woman admits killing cyclist
A WOMAN driver has pleaded guilty to killing a father-of-four who was cycling home along the A414.
WGC resident Debra Kelly today (Thursday) admitted causing Kenneth Lush’s death by careless or inconsiderate driving in May last year.
The 38-year-old from Tubbs Croft also pleaded guilty to failing to report an accident, but denied a charge of failing to stop.
Kelly was given bail and will appear back at St Albans Crown Court for a further hearing in March.
Married Kenneth Lush, a former Howe Dell and Hatfield School pupil, was managing director of family-run Hatfield business Lush Heat Treatment.
You may also want to watch:
He was a keen cyclist but was struck by a Ford Fiesta as he travelled along the A414 to his Ware home on the evening of May 13.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 7 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street