JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- Credit: Nina Morgan
Hopes of having a Wetherspoons in Welwyn Garden City may be over, at least for the near future, as a building owned by JD Wetherspoons has been listed for sale.
A few years ago Number 22 Parkway looked destined to become a Wetherspoons, with a sign once shown outside the site depicting a pub called 'The Cherry Tree'.
However JD Wetherspoon's plans for the site went cold in in 2018 after plans to convert the site from its current office layout to a pub were rejected twice in two years.
The listing from Savills and CBRE describes the site as a "freehold vacant office for sale in the centre of Welwyn Garden City with development potential subject to planning permission'.
The office comprises a detached two storey building with a car park situated to the rear which provides parking for 14 vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
The property doesn't have a listed price, but offers are invited for the freehold.
- 1 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 2 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 5 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 6 Code Ninjas: Family launches club to teach kids how to code
- 7 Lesley Hewitt makes history at Brookmans Park Golf Club
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal launched over racist graffiti and criminal damage at building site
- 10 A plea to refuse planning permission for Broadwater Road development