Welwyn Garden City water park plans suffer major setback
A WATER adventure park, set to be one of the biggest in the country, has suffered a major blow. A new-look Splashlands was due to 'put Welwyn Hatfield on the map'. However, this week it was revealed the project was potentially unviable and over budget by
A WATER adventure park, set to be one of the biggest in the country, has suffered a major blow.
A new-look Splashlands was due to "put Welwyn Hatfield on the map".
However, this week it was revealed the project was potentially unviable and over budget by �2m, sending the planners back to the drawing board.
The wet play area was proposed for derelict wasteland at Stanborough Park, WGC - the former site of the Splashlands pool.
You may also want to watch:
But costs for the project have rocketed to more than �4m and plans have now been drastically downscaled, the borough council's social overview and scrutiny committee was told.
For the full story and reaction, click on the link below.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?