Welwyn Garden City water park plans suffer major setback
A WATER adventure park, set to be one of the biggest in the country, has suffered a major blow. A new-look Splashlands was due to 'put Welwyn Hatfield on the map'. However, this week it was revealed the project was potentially unviable and over budget by
A WATER adventure park, set to be one of the biggest in the country, has suffered a major blow.
A new-look Splashlands was due to "put Welwyn Hatfield on the map".
However, this week it was revealed the project was potentially unviable and over budget by �2m, sending the planners back to the drawing board.
The wet play area was proposed for derelict wasteland at Stanborough Park, WGC - the former site of the Splashlands pool.
You may also want to watch:
But costs for the project have rocketed to more than �4m and plans have now been drastically downscaled, the borough council's social overview and scrutiny committee was told.
For the full story and reaction, click on the link below.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton