Welwyn Garden City water park plans suffer major setback
A WATER adventure park, set to be one of the biggest in the country, has suffered a major blow. A new-look Splashlands was due to 'put Welwyn Hatfield on the map'. However, this week it was revealed the project was potentially unviable and over budget by
A WATER adventure park, set to be one of the biggest in the country, has suffered a major blow.
A new-look Splashlands was due to "put Welwyn Hatfield on the map".
However, this week it was revealed the project was potentially unviable and over budget by �2m, sending the planners back to the drawing board.
The wet play area was proposed for derelict wasteland at Stanborough Park, WGC - the former site of the Splashlands pool.
You may also want to watch:
But costs for the project have rocketed to more than �4m and plans have now been drastically downscaled, the borough council's social overview and scrutiny committee was told.
For the full story and reaction, click on the link below.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle