Welwyn Garden City therapist offers pain free treatment
WHEN aches and pains begin to nark us, a trip to a specialist is often highly recommended.
However, as the old saying goes, ‘no pain, no gain’, and no matter what you try most seem to hurt at least a little, whether it be acupuncture, osteopathy or physiotherapy.
This is clearly not ideal for everyone, especially those with problems like arthritis.
So what can you do?
Well, a little-known method has arrived in WGC and I was lucky enough to be one of the first in the area to sample what is claimed to be a ‘pain free’ treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The Bowen Technique, which is practised by Sarah Pluves at the Natural Therapy Centre in the Natural Health store, is an Australian procedure which arrived on these shores around 20 years ago.
It is a soft tissue therapy and works by light rolling movements of the thumbs and fingers over muscles, tendons and ligaments to help bring a “balance back to the body”.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
Before the treatment I was highly sceptical to (a) whether I would feel any different and (b) whether it would actually be pain free.
And I am pleased to report that in fact both are true; but for me to feel the real benefits I would have to have at least three sit-ins to cure the pain in my left knee, which has been there since youth.
However, the pain free claim really is a sustained one.
The routine is so light, you hardly feel a thing.
It is quite unlike a normal massage in that way.
It was unusual in other ways as well. For despite the pain being in my left knee, Sarah was working on each part of my body and after she had done her brief rolling movement, she then left me for two minutes, while the “messages were sent to the right areas of the body”.
“Bowen excels in helping reduce back pain and other musculoskeletal problems such as frozen shoulder and hip pain.
“Other conditions also see benefit, including digestive disorders, asthma, headaches and tinnitus to name but a few,” the Goffs Oak woman added. “Bowen can bring relief from many allergies.
“The technique is very gentle and can be done through light clothing. It is suitable for all ages, from babies to the elderly.”
Sarah, who also practices reflexology, specialising in conceptual care, pregnancy and post natal reflexology, can be reached through the Wigmores North shop on 01707 392020.