Welwyn Garden City theatre fan left stunned by girlfriend’s Leap Year proposal
- Credit: Archant
A theatre fan was left shocked when his girlfriend got down on one knee for a Leap Year proposal.
Former Stanborough School pupil Will Smith thought film crews were there for a pilot documentary about relationships, so he was left stunned when Nikki Milton popped the question at London’s Old Vic theatre.
Will, who grew up in Welwyn Garden City, said: “It didn’t occur to me that the date was the 29th.
“We had a tour of the theatre and went on stage and it all happened.”
The 39-year-old, who is involved in Welwyn Garden City’s Barn Theatre in Barn Close, added: “It was really unexpected. I was really shocked.”
You may also want to watch:
After a nationwide hunt and a series of auditions, Nikki, 35, who is secretary to the mayor of Hertford, was chosen as one of the three couples to take part in the romantic surprise organised by ITN and travel firm First Choice.
Two other couples also got engaged as part of the First Choice Live Leap Year Proposal.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
First Choice presented each couple with £1,000 worth of holiday vouchers and will be help plan their honeymoon.