Welwyn Garden City teenager's Las Vegas dream
A BUDDING actress from WGC is off to Las Vegas in a bid to make her first step on the road to stardom. Christina Berkeley is one of 10 students from top London drama school John Robert Powers off to the US to audition at the iPOP! convention.
A BUDDING actress from WGC is off to Las Vegas in a bid to make her first step on the road to stardom.
Christina Berkeley is one of 10 students from top London drama school John Robert Powers off to the US to audition at the iPOP! convention.
The 17-year-old, of Howitt Green, said: "iPOP! gives students the chance to audition in front of many agents and casting directors from New York and Hollywood.
"This, for me, would be a dream come true."
You may also want to watch:
Christina, who has just finished her AS-levels at Bishop's Hatfield Girls' School, said her passion for acting started when she was just five.
Joining Stagecoach theatre arts school at the age of seven, and then John Robert Powers when she turned 16, she has since been in a number of plays.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
Christina, who is flying to Las Vegas next Saturday, needs to find �2,000 to fund the trip.
Having raised some of the amount through friends and family, she is appealing for more financial support.
"I am so grateful I have even been picked for a chance like this and I believe my dream is becoming closer and closer.
"If you could make a donation or sponsor me in any way, I would be extremely grateful."
If you can help, contact Christina on 01707 890563 or 07879 646414.