Welwyn Garden City teenager's Las Vegas dream
A BUDDING actress from WGC is off to Las Vegas in a bid to make her first step on the road to stardom. Christina Berkeley is one of 10 students from top London drama school John Robert Powers off to the US to audition at the iPOP! convention.
A BUDDING actress from WGC is off to Las Vegas in a bid to make her first step on the road to stardom.
Christina Berkeley is one of 10 students from top London drama school John Robert Powers off to the US to audition at the iPOP! convention.
The 17-year-old, of Howitt Green, said: "iPOP! gives students the chance to audition in front of many agents and casting directors from New York and Hollywood.
"This, for me, would be a dream come true."
You may also want to watch:
Christina, who has just finished her AS-levels at Bishop's Hatfield Girls' School, said her passion for acting started when she was just five.
Joining Stagecoach theatre arts school at the age of seven, and then John Robert Powers when she turned 16, she has since been in a number of plays.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
Christina, who is flying to Las Vegas next Saturday, needs to find �2,000 to fund the trip.
Having raised some of the amount through friends and family, she is appealing for more financial support.
"I am so grateful I have even been picked for a chance like this and I believe my dream is becoming closer and closer.
"If you could make a donation or sponsor me in any way, I would be extremely grateful."
If you can help, contact Christina on 01707 890563 or 07879 646414.