Welwyn Garden City teenager's Las Vegas dream
A BUDDING actress from WGC is off to Las Vegas in a bid to make her first step on the road to stardom. Christina Berkeley is one of 10 students from top London drama school John Robert Powers off to the US to audition at the iPOP! convention.
A BUDDING actress from WGC is off to Las Vegas in a bid to make her first step on the road to stardom.
Christina Berkeley is one of 10 students from top London drama school John Robert Powers off to the US to audition at the iPOP! convention.
The 17-year-old, of Howitt Green, said: "iPOP! gives students the chance to audition in front of many agents and casting directors from New York and Hollywood.
"This, for me, would be a dream come true."
You may also want to watch:
Christina, who has just finished her AS-levels at Bishop's Hatfield Girls' School, said her passion for acting started when she was just five.
Joining Stagecoach theatre arts school at the age of seven, and then John Robert Powers when she turned 16, she has since been in a number of plays.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Christina, who is flying to Las Vegas next Saturday, needs to find �2,000 to fund the trip.
Having raised some of the amount through friends and family, she is appealing for more financial support.
"I am so grateful I have even been picked for a chance like this and I believe my dream is becoming closer and closer.
"If you could make a donation or sponsor me in any way, I would be extremely grateful."
If you can help, contact Christina on 01707 890563 or 07879 646414.