Welwyn Garden City teenager robbed by two males who allegedly had knives
- Credit: Welwyn Hatfield Police
A teenager was robbed in Welwyn Garden City by two males who allegedly had knives.
Herts police have released an image of an e-scooter similar to the one that was stolen from the 16-year-old victim.
On Wednesday June 24, the victim was walking down Chequers, near the junction of Boundary Lane and Eddington Crescent, with his e-scooter.
He was approached by two unknown males, who both allegedly had knives with them, and stole the e-scooter.
They were described as both being around 17 years old, and both around 5ft 11ins. One was of a stocky build with curly blond hair, and the other was leaner with short, dark brown hair and a short fringe.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Laura Frelford, who is investigating, said: “This incident has understandably left a 16-year-old boy incredibly distressed. This would have been a really frightening ordeal, and we owe it to him to identify the offenders in order to get some justice.
“I’m aware that some time has passed since the offence, but we have exhausted all lines of enquiry and are now turning to the public for their help. The scooter pictured is the same make and model as the one that was stolen. If you’ve seen it, or perhaps been offered it for sale, please let me know. Alternatively, if you have any information at all that you think could help with our enquiries, please get in touch.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Anyone with information can contact DC Frelford directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.