Welwyn Garden City teen taken to hospital after assault
A TEENAGER was taken to hospital after being assaulted in the early hours near a pub in WGC.
The 17-year-old boy received injuries to his face and was sent to the QE2 Hospital, in WGC, after an altercation.
The incident happened at 2.15am near to the Hollybush pub, in Hollybush Lane, on Saturday.
DC Mike Lawrence is investigating and said: “This incident took place in the early hours of the morning however it may be that people who may have been on their way home from a night out may have seen the incident take place.”
Anyone with information should call police via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old man from WGC has been arrested on suspicion of assault (GBH). He has been release on police bail while enquiries continue.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return