Welwyn Garden City star Alesha Dixon to join Oasis and The Killers at V
WGC singer Alesha Dixon will be joining Oasis and The Killers later in the summer on the festival circuit. For the former Monk s Walk School student – currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Comic Relief – has been confirmed for this year s V Festi
WGC singer Alesha Dixon will be joining Oasis and The Killers later in the summer on the festival circuit.
For the former Monk's Walk School student - currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Comic Relief - has been confirmed for this year's V Festival.
The two-site music spectacular will take place at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, and Weston Park, Staffordshire, in late August.
Britpop legends Oasis and American favourites The Killers are the main V Stage headliners.
You may also want to watch:
Alesha, the 2007 Strictly Come Dancing champion, will play the Essex leg at Hylands on Sunday, August 23 having performed in Staffordshire the night before.
She will appear in The Arena tent alongside The Streets, Lady GaGa and MGMT.
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
Others on the V bill include Razorlight, Keane, Snow Patrol, Brit Awards winners Elbow, Fatboy Slim, Pendulum, Katy Perry and Lily Allen.
V Festival tickets go on sale this Friday.