Welwyn Garden City star Alesha Dixon to join Oasis and The Killers at V
WGC singer Alesha Dixon will be joining Oasis and The Killers later in the summer on the festival circuit. For the former Monk s Walk School student – currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Comic Relief – has been confirmed for this year s V Festi
WGC singer Alesha Dixon will be joining Oasis and The Killers later in the summer on the festival circuit.
For the former Monk's Walk School student - currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Comic Relief - has been confirmed for this year's V Festival.
The two-site music spectacular will take place at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, and Weston Park, Staffordshire, in late August.
Britpop legends Oasis and American favourites The Killers are the main V Stage headliners.
Alesha, the 2007 Strictly Come Dancing champion, will play the Essex leg at Hylands on Sunday, August 23 having performed in Staffordshire the night before.
She will appear in The Arena tent alongside The Streets, Lady GaGa and MGMT.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'
Others on the V bill include Razorlight, Keane, Snow Patrol, Brit Awards winners Elbow, Fatboy Slim, Pendulum, Katy Perry and Lily Allen.
V Festival tickets go on sale this Friday.