Welwyn Garden City slimming clinic ex-doctor jailed
A STRUCK-OFF doctor has been sentenced to jail for selling slimming pills to patients.
Sudesh Madan, 57, was given an 18-month prison sentence at St Albans Crown Court this afternoon (Tuesday) for four counts of possession of a controlled class C drug with intent to supply and four counts of supplying a controlled class C drug.
Madan was struck off the medical register in 2001 for professional misconduct but continued to prescribe slimming pills to clients from her chain of Easy Slim clinics.
One of the clinics was in New Road, near Stanborough, WGC.
Judge Stephen Gullick said: “It is the up most importance that the public must have confidence in medical professionals.
You may also want to watch:
“You were prescribing class C drugs and to that extent you were masquerading as a doctor.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity