Welwyn Garden City slimming clinic ex-doctor jailed
A STRUCK-OFF doctor has been sentenced to jail for selling slimming pills to patients.
Sudesh Madan, 57, was given an 18-month prison sentence at St Albans Crown Court this afternoon (Tuesday) for four counts of possession of a controlled class C drug with intent to supply and four counts of supplying a controlled class C drug.
Madan was struck off the medical register in 2001 for professional misconduct but continued to prescribe slimming pills to clients from her chain of Easy Slim clinics.
One of the clinics was in New Road, near Stanborough, WGC.
Judge Stephen Gullick said: “It is the up most importance that the public must have confidence in medical professionals.
You may also want to watch:
“You were prescribing class C drugs and to that extent you were masquerading as a doctor.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank