Welwyn Garden City shopping parade revamp delayed
A MULTI-MILLION pound revamp at a shopping parade has still not been completed – eight months after its planned completion date. The �5.5m redevelopment of Moors Walk in Panshanger, WGC, began in January 2007 and was due to take 18 months. But more than t
A MULTI-MILLION pound revamp at a shopping parade has still not been completed - eight months after its planned completion date.
The �5.5m redevelopment of Moors Walk in Panshanger, WGC, began in January 2007 and was due to take 18 months.
But more than two years down the line the three-storey development of homes, restaurants and shops is not finished.
The reason given for the delay is "unforeseen" setbacks on finishing the flats.
You may also want to watch:
A Welwyn Hatfield Council spokeswoman said: "Regrettably, there have been some delays to redevelopment of some flats and exteriors.
"We are presently in discussion with the contractors to establish reasons for these delays, and the scheme is due for completion in April.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?