Welwyn Garden City school to reopen following flood
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school will be open tomorrow following a flood that gave youngsters a day off today.
Swallow Dell Primary School in Blackthorn Road will be open as normal tomorrow.
The school closed after a water pipe in the school’s kitchen burst and flooded the building overnight.
The water had started to flood the main school building this morning.
Due to the water supply being switched off, the toilets could not be flushed and meals couldn’t be served to the children.
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire County Council has now sent out a notification through its messaging service to let parents know that the pipes have now been fixed.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street