Welwyn Garden City school fete today
A PROFESSIONAL storyteller will be the main attraction at a WGC school fete today (Saturday).
Theatre actor Basher Savage, who trained at the Bristol Old Vic, will be at Applecroft School’s annual fundraiser, reading excerpts from the latest children’s book by Conn Iggulden, author of The Dangerous Book For Boys series.
The event comes just a week before Conn Iggulden himself appears at the inaugural Ayot Literary Festival, which takes place on Ayot Green from June 24 to 26.
The school is doing its best to promote the festival, and a stall providing more information about authors who will be appearing – including Alexander McCall Smith, Tony Parsons and Darren Shan – will be available.
PTA chairman Jonathan Cirkel said: “This is the first year we have had a professional story- teller to add to all of the fun.
You may also want to watch:
“The fete is one of the highlights of the school’s year. As it is run by volunteers, all of the money raised goes to paying for improving the school for the children.”
The fete is open from 11am to 3pm.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Entry is �1. Children under 16 and OAPs go free.