Welwyn Garden City salon owner's anger over parking plans
PLANS to introduce a two-hour parking limit outside a hair salon in WGC have been blasted as 'completely unreasonable'. Nigel Smith, who owns Changes in Marsden Road, is concerned his business could be badly affected if Welwyn Hatfield Council decides to
PLANS to introduce a two-hour parking limit outside a hair salon in WGC have been blasted as "completely unreasonable".
Nigel Smith, who owns Changes in Marsden Road, is concerned his business could be badly affected if Welwyn Hatfield Council decides to establish such parking restrictions in front of his shop.
The 47-year-old said the bulk of his trade involved colouring, a process that could often take more than THREE hours.
He said: "We feel it is completely unreasonable, un-thought out and irrational for the council to install this outside a salon, where haircuts can take three or more hours.
You may also want to watch:
"This would mean customers, who are fearing getting a ticket, would have to get up, foils on their head, gown on and move their car!
"How can that be deemed reasonable?"
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
For more from Mr Smith, and reaction from the council, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.