Welwyn Garden City salon owner's anger over parking plans
PLANS to introduce a two-hour parking limit outside a hair salon in WGC have been blasted as 'completely unreasonable'. Nigel Smith, who owns Changes in Marsden Road, is concerned his business could be badly affected if Welwyn Hatfield Council decides to
PLANS to introduce a two-hour parking limit outside a hair salon in WGC have been blasted as "completely unreasonable".
Nigel Smith, who owns Changes in Marsden Road, is concerned his business could be badly affected if Welwyn Hatfield Council decides to establish such parking restrictions in front of his shop.
The 47-year-old said the bulk of his trade involved colouring, a process that could often take more than THREE hours.
He said: "We feel it is completely unreasonable, un-thought out and irrational for the council to install this outside a salon, where haircuts can take three or more hours.
You may also want to watch:
"This would mean customers, who are fearing getting a ticket, would have to get up, foils on their head, gown on and move their car!
"How can that be deemed reasonable?"
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision
For more from Mr Smith, and reaction from the council, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.