Welwyn Garden City salon owner's anger over parking plans
PLANS to introduce a two-hour parking limit outside a hair salon in WGC have been blasted as 'completely unreasonable'. Nigel Smith, who owns Changes in Marsden Road, is concerned his business could be badly affected if Welwyn Hatfield Council decides to
PLANS to introduce a two-hour parking limit outside a hair salon in WGC have been blasted as "completely unreasonable".
Nigel Smith, who owns Changes in Marsden Road, is concerned his business could be badly affected if Welwyn Hatfield Council decides to establish such parking restrictions in front of his shop.
The 47-year-old said the bulk of his trade involved colouring, a process that could often take more than THREE hours.
He said: "We feel it is completely unreasonable, un-thought out and irrational for the council to install this outside a salon, where haircuts can take three or more hours.
You may also want to watch:
"This would mean customers, who are fearing getting a ticket, would have to get up, foils on their head, gown on and move their car!
"How can that be deemed reasonable?"
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
For more from Mr Smith, and reaction from the council, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.