Welwyn Garden City’s own Borat Sagdiyev fundraises �500
WEARING a ‘Borat mankini’ outfit would be enough of a dare for any guy.
However, running around your home town in the revealing garment, following a full body wax, seems utterly mad.
Step forward Tobie O’Dell.
The 18-year-old from WGC performed the risque act in order to raise funds for his five-week voluntary trip to Belize today (Wednesday).
The Uplands resident, who ran from his home to the town centre, told the WHT he is to volunteer in the national zoo and become a zookeeper while in the Central American country.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to help teach the local community about the animals they share their country with, give guided tours to local schools visiting the zoo and help repair some of the damage in the most recent hurricane season.”
Regarding his mad act, the former Monk’s Walk pupil added: “I was so cold by the time I went round WGC I called for a lift home otherwise I would have run back!
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
“I did it because I thought the only way I could raise funds was by making a prat out of myself and I think it worked.
“I’ve always had a dream to work in a zoo, but I am not qualified.
“I read about this opportunity on the internet as a way of getting into zookeeping, so I am really looking forward to it now.”
The stunt helped raise more than �500 towards Tobie’s cause.