Welwyn Garden City’s own Borat Sagdiyev fundraises �500
WEARING a ‘Borat mankini’ outfit would be enough of a dare for any guy.
However, running around your home town in the revealing garment, following a full body wax, seems utterly mad.
Step forward Tobie O’Dell.
The 18-year-old from WGC performed the risque act in order to raise funds for his five-week voluntary trip to Belize today (Wednesday).
The Uplands resident, who ran from his home to the town centre, told the WHT he is to volunteer in the national zoo and become a zookeeper while in the Central American country.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to help teach the local community about the animals they share their country with, give guided tours to local schools visiting the zoo and help repair some of the damage in the most recent hurricane season.”
Regarding his mad act, the former Monk’s Walk pupil added: “I was so cold by the time I went round WGC I called for a lift home otherwise I would have run back!
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
“I did it because I thought the only way I could raise funds was by making a prat out of myself and I think it worked.
“I’ve always had a dream to work in a zoo, but I am not qualified.
“I read about this opportunity on the internet as a way of getting into zookeeping, so I am really looking forward to it now.”
The stunt helped raise more than �500 towards Tobie’s cause.