Welwyn Garden City’s Alesha has a heart of gold
DANCING and singing sensation Alesha Dixon has proved that she has a heart of gold as well as a whole lot of talent.
For the WGC beauty has joined The Variety Club – a charity dedicated to sick, disabled and disadvantaged children and young people.
She is now the face of the charity’s 2010 Gold Heart Appeal, which is encouraging people to donate �1 by purchasing one of Alesha’s self designed and signed gold badges.
And as it was Mother’s Day last weekend, the funds will go to supporting inspirational mums of sick and disabled children.
The former Monk’s Walk pupil said: “The Variety Club is a fantastic charity helping so many thousands of children and young people every year regardless of whether they are sick, have mobility problems, are disabled or come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
“Every badge you buy will make a real difference to someone’s life.
“And remember just three badges will pay for an unforgettable day out for one of our young people.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
“Have a heart, help a child.”
Gold Heart Badges are available in all Co-operative stores, H Samuel branches, Cineworlds and Odeons.