Welwyn Garden City’s Alesha has a heart of gold
DANCING and singing sensation Alesha Dixon has proved that she has a heart of gold as well as a whole lot of talent.
For the WGC beauty has joined The Variety Club – a charity dedicated to sick, disabled and disadvantaged children and young people.
She is now the face of the charity’s 2010 Gold Heart Appeal, which is encouraging people to donate �1 by purchasing one of Alesha’s self designed and signed gold badges.
And as it was Mother’s Day last weekend, the funds will go to supporting inspirational mums of sick and disabled children.
The former Monk’s Walk pupil said: “The Variety Club is a fantastic charity helping so many thousands of children and young people every year regardless of whether they are sick, have mobility problems, are disabled or come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
“Every badge you buy will make a real difference to someone’s life.
“And remember just three badges will pay for an unforgettable day out for one of our young people.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
“Have a heart, help a child.”
Gold Heart Badges are available in all Co-operative stores, H Samuel branches, Cineworlds and Odeons.