Welwyn Garden City's Alesha Dixon takes bow as Strictly judge
POPSTAR Alesha Dixon takes her bow tonight (Friday) as a judge on the BBC s hit television show Strictly Come Dancing. The WGC beauty, who won the competition in 2007 along with dance partner Matt Cutler, will take her place alongside fellow judges Len Go
POPSTAR Alesha Dixon takes her bow tonight (Friday) as a judge on the BBC's hit television show Strictly Come Dancing.
The WGC beauty, who won the competition in 2007 along with dance partner Matt Cutler, will take her place alongside fellow judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel Horwood, for the new series kicking off this evening.
The panel will be joined later in the series by another newcomer, ballet dancer Darcey Bussell, who will appear on the final three shows.
Alesha, 30, will replace former judge Arlene Phillips, 66, who was controversially axed for the forthcoming series, with fans of the celebrity talent contest accusing the BBC of ageism.
You may also want to watch:
This year's celebrity contestants include former boxer Joe Calzaghe, cricket pundit Phil Tufnell, actresses Natalie Cassidy and Zoe Lucker and athlete Jade Johnson.
The new series of Strictly Come Dancing will start tonight on BBC1 at 8.30pm
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?