Welwyn Garden City's Alesha Dixon takes bow as Strictly judge
POPSTAR Alesha Dixon takes her bow tonight (Friday) as a judge on the BBC s hit television show Strictly Come Dancing. The WGC beauty, who won the competition in 2007 along with dance partner Matt Cutler, will take her place alongside fellow judges Len Go
POPSTAR Alesha Dixon takes her bow tonight (Friday) as a judge on the BBC's hit television show Strictly Come Dancing.
The WGC beauty, who won the competition in 2007 along with dance partner Matt Cutler, will take her place alongside fellow judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel Horwood, for the new series kicking off this evening.
The panel will be joined later in the series by another newcomer, ballet dancer Darcey Bussell, who will appear on the final three shows.
Alesha, 30, will replace former judge Arlene Phillips, 66, who was controversially axed for the forthcoming series, with fans of the celebrity talent contest accusing the BBC of ageism.
You may also want to watch:
This year's celebrity contestants include former boxer Joe Calzaghe, cricket pundit Phil Tufnell, actresses Natalie Cassidy and Zoe Lucker and athlete Jade Johnson.
The new series of Strictly Come Dancing will start tonight on BBC1 at 8.30pm
- 1 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 2 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 5 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 6 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022