Welwyn Garden City's Alesha Dixon takes bow as Strictly judge
POPSTAR Alesha Dixon takes her bow tonight (Friday) as a judge on the BBC s hit television show Strictly Come Dancing. The WGC beauty, who won the competition in 2007 along with dance partner Matt Cutler, will take her place alongside fellow judges Len Go
POPSTAR Alesha Dixon takes her bow tonight (Friday) as a judge on the BBC's hit television show Strictly Come Dancing.
The WGC beauty, who won the competition in 2007 along with dance partner Matt Cutler, will take her place alongside fellow judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel Horwood, for the new series kicking off this evening.
The panel will be joined later in the series by another newcomer, ballet dancer Darcey Bussell, who will appear on the final three shows.
Alesha, 30, will replace former judge Arlene Phillips, 66, who was controversially axed for the forthcoming series, with fans of the celebrity talent contest accusing the BBC of ageism.
You may also want to watch:
This year's celebrity contestants include former boxer Joe Calzaghe, cricket pundit Phil Tufnell, actresses Natalie Cassidy and Zoe Lucker and athlete Jade Johnson.
The new series of Strictly Come Dancing will start tonight on BBC1 at 8.30pm
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street