Welwyn Garden City's Alesha Dixon flies out ahead of Comic Relief climb
WGC stunner Alesha Dixon has flown out to Tanzania ahead of her mountain climb challenge in aid of Comic Relief. The singing star left Britain with GMTV presenter Ben Shephard ahead of the rest of the stars to see how the Red Nose Day money was being spe
WGC stunner Alesha Dixon has flown out to Tanzania ahead of her mountain climb challenge in aid of Comic Relief.
The singing star left Britain with GMTV presenter Ben Shephard ahead of the rest of the stars to see how the Red Nose Day money was being spent in the country.
Fellow celebrities Cheryl Cole, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Fearne Cotton, Gary Barlow, Kimberley Walsh and Ronan Keating are now en route to Africa.
The team is set to begin the trek up Mount Kilimanjaro - which stands 19,340ft above sea level - on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Support has already been phenomenal, with more than �460,000 raised so far.
The Tanzania High Commission has said the challenge had contributed to tourism growth in Tanzania and increased employment opportunities in the local economy.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 8 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 9 What time will the election results come in?
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
Mount Kilimanjaro is the tallest mountain in Africa and the highest free-standing mountain in the world.
It will take the celebrity climbers an exhausting eight-day trek to reach the summit.
Each gruelling moment will be captured for a documentary, recording every bump, slip and trip from the base camp to the summit.