Welwyn Garden City recruitment firm join party for ill children
STAFF from a recruitment company in WGC enjoyed a day out of the office, as they joined a party in aid of seriously ill children.
A team from Church Road-based Osborne Appointments joined clowns, circus acts and superheroes for the 23rd Amazing Great Children’s Party, an annual fun day organised by UK charity Children with Leukaemia.
At Battersea Park in London, reality TV stars the Cheeky Girls and X Factor finalist Chico sang at the event, which also featured fairground rides, an ice rink, bouncy castles and face painting.
Commercial director Martin Walker said: “Days like this really do put a different perspective on life.
“It was one of the most humbling yet satisfying and rewarding days for a long time.”
You may also want to watch:
Osborne Appointments is supporting both Children with Leukaemia and its charity of the year, CLIC Sargent, which also supports young people with cancer.
To donate to either charity, or for more information about Osborne Appointments, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link to the right.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank