Welwyn Garden City pupil hurt in playground accident
AN 11-year-old boy was hospitalised after a playing field incident at a school in WGC.
The youth suffered a shoulder injury during the “bundle”, which took place in the grounds of Sir Frederic Osborn School in Herns Lane, Panshanger.
He was taken to the QE2 Hospital following the incident, but was well enough to return to school the following day.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson told the WHT the incident had been reported as an “assault” and said the youth was found on the school playing field.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were notified that two pupils had been involved in an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
“We were advised that teachers were dealing with the incident and that police were not required.”
Headteacher Sue Lewis said: “It wasn’t an assault, it was a bit of a bundle at the end of lunchtime.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
“They were playing and it all got out of hand.”
She added: “It was fully investigated and he was back in school the next day.”