Welwyn Garden City pupil hurt in playground accident
AN 11-year-old boy was hospitalised after a playing field incident at a school in WGC.
The youth suffered a shoulder injury during the “bundle”, which took place in the grounds of Sir Frederic Osborn School in Herns Lane, Panshanger.
He was taken to the QE2 Hospital following the incident, but was well enough to return to school the following day.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson told the WHT the incident had been reported as an “assault” and said the youth was found on the school playing field.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were notified that two pupils had been involved in an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
“We were advised that teachers were dealing with the incident and that police were not required.”
Headteacher Sue Lewis said: “It wasn’t an assault, it was a bit of a bundle at the end of lunchtime.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
“They were playing and it all got out of hand.”
She added: “It was fully investigated and he was back in school the next day.”