Welwyn Garden City pubgoer attacked
A MAN was punched and kicked in the head by a fellow pubgoer, on Saturday.
The 35-year-old victim’s friend had brushed past his attacker at the Cork in WGC just before 11pm.
The victim was trying to defend his 37-year-old mate, but was punched in the head and knocked to the floor.
The thug then kicked him in the face while the injured man was on the ground, before running off.
An eyewitness who saw blood assumed the man had been glassed and called for an ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now hunting for the fighter, who is described as a white man of stocky build.
He is aged around 25, with short fair/ginger hair and beard. He was wearing jeans, T-shirt and dark jacket.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'