Welwyn Garden City pub gets a new name
A BOOZER in WGC has not only had a name change and a lick of paint, but is also to start offering food. The new owners of The Parkway Bar and Diner – formerly O Neill's – are launching a menu alongside the introduction of a dress code for the newly-named
A BOOZER in WGC has not only had a name change and a lick of paint, but is also to start offering food.
The new owners of The Parkway Bar and Diner - formerly O'Neill's - are launching a menu alongside the introduction of a dress code for the newly-named Club 67.
Originally, owner Trisha McCall told the WHT the pub was "not going to be a food place, it's not a wine bar, we'll be keeping it as a local pub".
However, after a meeting it was decided changes needed to be made.
You may also want to watch:
Co-manager Steve Baxter, who has 12 years of experience in the trade, said: "We want to stop some rumours going round. There is to be no age restrictions, but we are introducing a dress code of no sportswear, no hoodies and no trainers for the club.
"We will still have live music on Friday and Saturday nights and karaoke on Thursdays in the pub.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
"The club is now only going to be free before 10.30pm as well and �5 after that time."
Steve added food will be sourced locally, and will be cooked from 11am until 7pm Tuesday to Saturday.
A home-cooked Sunday roast will also be available from 11am until 4pm.
Additionally, no football shirts will be allowed to be worn in the pub after 9.30pm.
For more information pop into the pub, in Parkway, or call 01707 325041.
* Trisha called on WHT readers to come up with a new name for the pub.
Suggestions including Ebenezer's and The Fountain were sent to Times Towers. However, after a meeting the pub owners chose The Parkway Bar and Diner.